homestead - Re: [Homestead] pharmacological Calvinism

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] pharmacological Calvinism
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 12:06:55 -0500

bobf wrote:
But, 'drugs are drugs' and should be used and
prescribed with restraint. Alcohol, tobacco, ritalin, cannibas, and
penicillen are all drugs with benefits and deliterious side affects.
With me, it is very hard to figure out which ones are beneficial, for
me. rather than long-term destructive.

Bob, the first part of your statement answers the last part. Drugs are drugs and should be used with restraint. There is no 'which ones' to determine. I think almost all drugs can be harmful if too much is taken for too long, even 'natural' drugs like hormones. The body normally regulates things, and if you are adding more, then you are affecting various feedback loops creating a chain reaction of issues.

Bev
--
"The world is my country, all mankind are my
brethren, and to do good is my religion."