homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Dr. Dr. Give me some news, now bad behavior in the medical field

  • From: sjc <indexer AT fairpoint.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Dr. Dr. Give me some news, now bad behavior in the medical field
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 16:41:32 -0500

bobf wrote:
Your ability to manuever the system is admirable, Susan. I have also fought, fired, and, brought cases against Docs to Bomex. The problem can be difficult, though, depending on situation. I live in a very large city where there is a lot of competition bewteen docs. And lawyers don't mind bankrupting docs. Soemone living in a smaller town might be in a position where their three docs, and four lawyers are all a member of the same country club and/or church/temple. Those associations do matter.
Well, we have some of that here, but in the northeast it's not likely to penetrate so deeply into the right/wrong aspects as I found it in VA, (not to pick on VA, it's just where I lived before) where they could make excuses until the patient expired......and not even feel bad about it. Here there is more concern for keeping one's nose clean, and that helps a lot. Of course, I think it's also one reason New Englanders don't have the best reputation for being warm and fuzzy folks....
The problem we might soon face is that if helathcare become centralized under government, there will be gov. offices to which you complain, but who will care? If you complain about government workers today,
Well, the licensing boards are part of the government now and at least for now the process works fine.
Last month I got an unbelievable run-around when I called the phone company about an ad, and the person I had to talk to was rude, to boot. After the 3rd call, I lit into the PUC and now I not only have what was advertised, but I got it for 6 months free with no mandate to continue. So the process works fine, only problem is for the people who call the phone company after seeing that ad, get "not in your area" for an answer, and quit there. Blast it all, anyhow, if you're gonna advertise it, make it happen. That's what the Public Utility Commission is for, so in my crotchety old years, I'm holdin' 'em to it!

SJ

  • Re: [Homestead] was Dr. Dr. Give me some news, now bad behavior in the medical field, sjc, 12/23/2008