homestead - Re: [Homestead] bev-chicks

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] bev-chicks
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 18:47:10 -0800 (PST)

I liked the meat size on the heavier breeds, but ughhhh such pigs and such
messy bottoms right from the get go.  But they are easier to dress.

Temperment wise, my favorites are the New Hampshires.  Although, I've had at
least a dozen different varieties and can't say I disliked any of them...

My white ones never were very dirty, except of course when they were busy
taking a dirt bath on purpose,,,,, or got sticky mango juice all over their
beaks and feathers.  Took me a few days to figure out they didn't have some
kind of horrible disease (only mango juice and dirt stuck to them).