homestead - Re: [Homestead] bev-chicks

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] bev-chicks
  • Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 20:46:54 -0500

> I can't think of a variety that
> I did not like or have some affinity for.

I still have 2 Brown Leghorn hens. They are good layers, eat less food
per egg, are scrapie, the roosters are about the prettiest and will
fight off guineas, and one of the two I have goes broody and is a good
mother once a year. But when you end up butchering them, you get next
to nothing. The roosters pass that slight of body trait on to their
sons and daughters off other breeds of hen.

That's the only thing I don't like about them.

Rob - Va