homestead - Re: [Homestead] Optogeorgia

  • From: bobf <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Optogeorgia
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 08:51:36 -0800 (PST)

Bev, you are so filled with wisdom this am, or is that the pain meds? :-)

There will always be control freaks and negative attitudes in any group of
people. We need to be careful of those who feel worthy to make
'pronouncements' to one and all. Think carefully about how they probably
treat the people around them , in the real world. Also realize that
exaggerration, factual ommissions , and out-right lies also occur on the
internet just like the outside world.

Bev, I can see you as a good mother, a great grandmother, and someone with
whom I would be glad to call a negihbor, even if you don't have the best
livestock or the greenest garden. I don't expect t6hat I'll ever be my
community's greatest gardener. But wherever I live, people are always proud
to have me as a neighbor.

We all have to live life the best that we can within our limitations. And,
some of us are still changing, adapting , and evolving. I try to be happy;
that, I think is imporatant. Sometimes, life is so stressful, it is easy to
lose sight of the 'fun', as another list mwember pm -ed me this am. And he
was right. If there is no 'fun' -- no joy; then, there is no point.

Bev, keep us clued in on the health front....................

--- On Sat, 12/20/08, EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I'm going to use Bob as an example because I know a bit
> about Bob and
> because you and he have been butting heads, which drives me
> crazy.
> Bob has already bought land. I believe he has bought land
> in several
> states, just to hedge his bets on what the right place at
> the right time
> would be for HIM. Some of his land is near to the rest of
> his family,
> some is not. That might be a consideration down the road.
> Now, I don't
> know when he bought it, or even where it is, but I believe
> him that he
> has land. Also, he has subbed to this list and hung around
> for 15
> years, which in my mind shows good intent. A wannabe is
> just not going
> to put up with us that long.<g> Just like Gene's
> plans to move to
> Heartwood full-time were waylaid, perhaps Bob's plans
> have also felt the
> unwanted wrench. I don't know, but I don't really
> think of him as a
> wannabe, just a city dweller who knows of a different life
> from his
> childhood and who wants that again, but more, one who has
> taken steps to
> have that again.
> <thinking> I recall describing myself as a wannabe
> back in the mid 90's.
> <more thinking> I kind of see Bob as a lookout on the
> mountaintop, a
> ranger that isn't quite with the tribe down in the muck
> of the
> valley<g>, but tries to lookout for the dangers that
> the tribe, who is
> busy growing food, doesn't see coming. He has
> knowledge that I
> certainly don't, interests that I don't have, but I
> think Bob
> certainly has a place in our community. He's just
> specialized in a
> different way. When we have engine questions or tractor
> questions, we
> look to Don, when we have real estate questions, we look to
> Gene or
> Lisa, when we have economic questions, we can look to Bob
> (and
> apparently Leslie!) Everyone has something to offer, and I
> really wish
> lurkers would post more....even if they are wannabes.

...the easy way is not always