homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tai chi

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tai chi
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 13:03:17 -0500

I have a boxed set of Tai Chi for the Mind and Tai Chi for the Body. I had a different workout (an old one that I don't see there...it may have been the Tai Chi Workouts for Beginners with a different cover), but I literally wore the tape out. I also have the Chi Kung Beginners Workout.

I also have Billy Blanks Tae Bo. It was my son's but he never used it, so I tried it. It's a little too energetic for me. It's kind of karate and boxing...it comes with a large inflatable punching bag. It's weighted (the base is filled with water), and it's a whole lot more solid than you'd think. It stands up well to being punched and kicked. It sat in the middle of my kitchen for about a year, and everyone would go a couple rounds with it when they walked by. I finally got sick of it being in the way and deflated it.

Lynn Wigglesworth