homestead - Re: [Homestead] Intentional community -- Countryside

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Intentional community -- Countryside
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 13:29:11 -0800 (PST)

Huh, it sounds like you live in the new 'it' county for this type community.
I've looked on ic.org, before but most are 'forming' or give too little
information. I wouldn't live like 'hippies' live, but what you are
describing doesn't sound so bad. How do these groups handle personal and
familial disputes. I am not the confrontational type. There is little I
find important enough to become "worked up over"; but not everyone is like
me. I knoiw from personal experience that friends, even family, can blow up
small perceived slights into mounatainous affairs.

What if you are one that ends up not being in the clicque -- there are
clicques in all groups, right? What security do you have in not being told
to 'hit the road' the day after a disagreement on , I don't know, the right
kind of watermelon seeds or something of equal importance.

My friend (she is actual the sister of a friend) has being living inm these
communities most of her adult life. She is a dogmatic pacifist, a real 'true
believer' (and a bit of a nut, in my opinion, but highly educated). She is
so unusal as not to be a really good reference for me, and I have no clue
when , again, I will see her.

Thanks for the info