homestead - Re: [Homestead] Fitness

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Fitness
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 08:48:17 -0500

And the only exercise I ever do is what we would call homestead work.

Do you go from a winter of mostly sitting around to digging gardens? A few years ago I did that and my back ached for most of the summer. I've found that as I get older I have to keep flexible and strong all year or it isn't there when I need it.

I think this is one area where men have the advantage...a good bit of upper body strength is there whether you develop it or not, just because of the mass of muscles. Even my total couch potato son is now stronger than me, just because he's so big (over 6', over 200 pounds). He has no stamina at all, though; he tires after a few minutes of light work. I could always outwork my ex, too.

Lynn Wigglesworth