homestead - Re: [Homestead] Amish and heart disease

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Amish and heart disease
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 08:58:41 EST

> >Is western disease better or wotse than eastern disease? Click on the
> link, you will find most western countries near the top for life
> expectancy, and
> most of the ones near the bottom are not western. I am not arguing, just

It's not 'the other side' it's a red herring. Thrown into the stats are
high rates of infant and childhood death. If you had a population of 10
people
in a 'delveloped' country who all lived to 75, the life expectancy is 75.
But
if you had a country where one of those people died when he was two days old
(this is common) and the other 9 lived to be 80, then the life epectancy is
72. It appears to be longer in the 'developed' country when in fact people
routinely die earlier.

Also in 'developed' countries we keep barely breathing cadavers alive for
weeks, months, and even years making it look as if they lived a lot longer
than
they actally did.

James