homestead - Re: [Homestead] Depression first?

  • From: Leslie <cayadopi AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Depression first?
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 20:36:58 -0800 (PST)

My sister and I are working on a project that, in part, involves cycles.

Economics is just plain fascinating,,,, a huge puzzle with a lot of
who-dun-its.
Not to mention economics affects our daily lives a whole lot more than I ever
imagined when I first set out to learn something about it.  It's just taken
so long to weed out the good from the bad, from the fraud.

The last few months I was fascinated by a bankruptcy case.  I started out
being interested in one area and a year later wound up following the
bankruptcy case.  The people who consider themselves victims can't understand
my interest - it's truly an interesting case, with more twists and turns and
real international plots involving bankruptcies triggered in multiple
countries, and real frauds and ponzi schemes, and a miriad of wild conspiracy
theories (many fostered, IMO, by extreme emotional distress causing paranoia
and irrationality).  And you name the government agency, they are involved in
one form or another.

Yes, Ruff /Mormon.  If there were more Mormons all advocating "savings" and
preparing for a rainy day... the world would surely not be in the mess we are
in.

James' comments about a global Zimbabwe?  Meaning?

Actually, I listen to everyone.  James has made a number of interesting
comments as have others on a number of topics.  You never know when a comment
made will make sense down the road.

I have not yet figured out who is doing what off the internet.  LOL.
Although I see that Gene has published a book.
Bev & Sage farm.
Marie ran a dairy.

Heck, I don't know what I'm doing half the time...