homestead - Re: [Homestead] gold back currency anyone?

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] gold back currency anyone?
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 16:24:49 -0800 (PST)

Gene , I already know the answer to what you just posed. I can trade gold
for USD or 'whatever' currency, anywhere in this country , or in the world.
That part is easy.

Deciding whether to trust currency or gold (when holding for time) is a
real question. And, many of us have not , yet, picked an ultimate
destination, as you have. That is where the storage and transport question
arises.

And, it is not just people like me. The bankers at Goldman Sachs are using
part of our t-x (bail-out) money to protect their 'stores of wealth" with
gold, as are princes in saudi arabia who trust gold more than oil, as are ,
also, your local neigborhood businessman and barber.

I'm unsure of much and question myself regularly. Thanks for your input. If
I had an ultimate destination, already; my choice would be pretty much the
same as yours...................