homestead - Re: [Homestead] Just picked Okra, tomatoes , & bell peppers

  • From: "Lynn Wigglesworth" <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Just picked Okra, tomatoes , & bell peppers
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 14:13:44 -0500

For all of you snow bound people. I just went outside (sandals/ no shirt), picked red cherry tomatoes, green bell peppers, a mess of okra, and yellow , pear-shaped, tomatoes. All for dinner tongiht.

I just went out a picked kale (frozen solid) for sausage and kale soup. I didn't wear a coat (but should have), and my sneakers are kinda soggy, now that I'm back inside and the snow on them is melting....somehow, it doesn't sound as appealing as your trek to the garden. You no doubt will torment us all winter with tales of fresh vegetables. :-)

Lynn Wigglesworth