homestead - Re: [Homestead] Just picked Okra, tomatoes , & bell peppers

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Just picked Okra, tomatoes , & bell peppers
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 11:26:23 -0800 (PST)

Can you blame me :-) > By the way, most of my seeds did not germintae,
maybe ten percent have broken surface, and it has been a week or more since
they started. All of my transplanted 'greens' are alive, healthy, and
growing bigger, though. I'm not sure what I did wrong. Maybe I planeted the
seeds too deep. Some of the packages said 1/4 " deep. That didn't sound
right to me. I dug trenches with the corner of my hoe in the newly tilled
and fertilized soil; probably average 3" to 4 " deep. I'm used to only
growing transaplants; not seed...................

--- On Sat, 12/6/08, Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> I just went out a picked kale (frozen solid) for sausage and kale soup. I
> didn't wear a coat (but should have), and my sneakers are kinda soggy, now
> that I'm back inside and the snow on them is melting....somehow, it doesn't
> sound as appealing as your trek to the garden. You no doubt
will torment us all winter with tales of fresh vegetables. :-)