homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:56:41 -0500

A good friend of mine is from the hollers of West Virginia. Her family was a coal mining family: Poor. She considers herself Southern. She seems as Southern as anyone from TN or KY.

I don't think Geography defines Southern as much as other things...

bob ford wrote:
I think it depends on where you are from, and how long your "people"
have been there. S. LA (where you are from) is very different than
the rest of the South (and the rest of LA), but still definitely
Southern. W VA might have many Southern characterisitics, but where
I am from, would never be considered a "Southern"

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda