homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tell me again why Republicans are good for people
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2008 15:37:47 +0000

It doesn't feel like the same south here as the south of south Louisiana felt
to me before we moved here. This feels definitely more mid-western to me than
south, even if based only upon the food and styles of cooking. But then, my
point of origin has a cooking style all to its own, really cajun rather than
'southern'. but there are more rebel flags flying here than at home.

So what defines someone as 'southern'? is it the food, the culture, or the
geographical location?

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)