homestead - Re: [Homestead] Mind over matter

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Mind over matter
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2008 05:39:00 -0700

On Dec 3, 2008, at 9:10 PM, Marie McHarry wrote:

Saying that I need a bit of evidence before I believe that individuals
can change their genes is not quite the same as saying that our minds
have no influence over our health.

I do not fault your position; it is prudent. I wonder how many advances in the understanding of human brain power have been made before accepted evidence appeared. I feel ignorant on the subject of genes, however funny that may seem. I do have a general feeling that our powers of self-determination will expand, however the process.