homestead - Re: [Homestead] Guilty pleasures

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Guilty pleasures
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 15:18:16 -0800

I am still working on getting my English muffins to be more like Thomas' However, DH and youngest don't care. They love homemade English muffins. Bagels are next. I don't like bagels, so haven't tried to make them yet but, again, DH and the youngest are seriously chomping at the bit.

A homemade English muffin with sweet cream butter and a big dollop of homemade raspberry jam. To kill for!

I also love croissants and cream puffs. However, I use my cream puffs for savory stuff. Tonight I'm filling them with a type of chicken ala king, I guess you'd call it. I'm making a Alfredo sauce and tossing in chunks of smoked turkey, petite peas and carmelized onions. For DH and youngest, there will be slices of Portabello mushrooms that I'll saute in butter with garlic.

To ease my own guilt, I was wondering if some of you would share your
'guilty pleasures' with the world<g>

Ex:
Yesterday, I bought Thomas' English Muffins. I love them. I could and
should try to make them myself, but I've never tried. Instead I spend
$3 for 6 heavenly breakfast treats. I love those nooks and crannies with
butter, and sometimes with jam as well.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda