homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sneezing

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sneezing
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 21:29:59 -0800

Bingo! They now know that removing asbestos has caused more problems than it cured. It would have been better to seal old pipes than to remove them all!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
snip<

Oh, did I mention that under EPA guidance, a site across the street
has a huge tent over it while contractors remove residual carcinogens
from an old coal gas plant that was formerly under a parking lot. I
really wonder if it wouldn't have been safer to leave the residues in
place. These types of sites have been allegedly responsible for
childhood cancers in other nearby parts of the state, but I'm not
aware that such has been the case here.

Mother didn't want this for me. I just want to be an editor again
(though, I must say, more and more I'm getting tapped for editing more
than for pushing other bureaucratic paper.

Marie