homestead - Re: [Homestead] Why I'm so happy

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Why I'm so happy
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:00:59 -0500

eureka AT hctc.net wrote:
New study on what happy people don't do http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/health/research/20happy.html?em

“TV was the one activity that showed a negative relationship. Unhappy
people did it more, and happy people did it less.”

Thanks for posting that.
I don't usually watch TV in the daytime. I dislike the noise. I can't
think when I want to think. It is, however, the first thing Ron does
when he comes in...TV on. For the first 3 years we lived here, we did
not without TV, and I couldn't have been happier. There were a few
things that we missed, like the coverage of the 2000 election, that I
wonder how it would have been different for me had I seen coverage, but
for the most part, I don't think we missed much.

I believe that having quiet time, time to think and reflect on various
matters, be that goals or last's night's dream or what to eat for
dinner, is extremely vital for good mental health, i.e. happiness. You
have to have uninterrupted time to process your life. If you don't, you
will tend not to think about things that are in any way uncomfortable or
painful. You will distract yourself with seemingly more important matters.

Bev

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda
http://www.myspace.com/tervetuloa13