homestead - Re: [Homestead] The civics test

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The civics test
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 01:05:23 -0500

OK, thanks...and you are right, I think I did answer that it was in the Constitution...That's so cool. Thanks Cathy.

Cathy wrote:
In case you're really curious, Bev, about TJ's letters--

We've all heard about "separation of church and state" so many times that we
figure it must be in the Constitution. It isn't. Ol' TJ referenced the
first amendment as building a "wall of separation between Church & State" in
a letter he wrote to a bunch of Baptists worried about their religious
freedom. You can read the Baptists' letter here
http://members.tripod.com/~candst/tnppage/baptist.htm
and TJs response here
http://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html

The language is so flowery and formal.

The internet is a marvelous thing.
Date: 11/21/2008 6:24 PM

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda