homestead - Re: [Homestead] The auto bailout

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The auto bailout
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:15:52 -0800

Going directly to Chapter 7 makes no sense at all. Sounds like more fearmongering so they'll get the money they want to, to be blunt, piss away on their CEOs and other nonsense.

Look what the idjits did with the electric cars.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>

I just read an article about bailing out the auto companies in the New
Republic. I'm not sure what I think about it. Yeah, they've screwed
their ownselves into the ground, but I hear their cars are getting
better. If they do end up going bankrupt through Chapter 7 -- well,
that would be extremely disruptive, and right now that could cause a
domino effect. So, I dunno. As is usual in TNR, the letters are at
least as instructive as the article.