homestead - [Homestead] The auto bailout

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] The auto bailout
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 23:48:40 -0600

I just read an article about bailing out the auto companies in the New
Republic. I'm not sure what I think about it. Yeah, they've screwed
their ownselves into the ground, but I hear their cars are getting
better. If they do end up going bankrupt through Chapter 7 -- well,
that would be extremely disruptive, and right now that could cause a
domino effect. So, I dunno. As is usual in TNR, the letters are at
least as instructive as the article.

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=a4893b49-36df-4784-9859-2dfa3a3211bf
or
http://tinyurl.com/6qrjjz