homestead - Re: [Homestead] The auto bailout

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] The auto bailout
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 22:07:29 -0800

At 11/17/2008 09:48 PM,Marie McHarry wrote:
I just read an article about bailing out the auto companies in the New
Republic. I'm not sure what I think about it. Yeah, they've screwed
their ownselves into the ground, but I hear their cars are getting
better. If they do end up going bankrupt through Chapter 7 -- well,
that would be extremely disruptive, and right now that could cause a
domino effect. So, I dunno. As is usual in TNR, the letters are at
least as instructive as the article.

http://www.tnr.com/politics/story.html?id=a4893b49-36df-4784-9859-2dfa3a3211bf
or
http://tinyurl.com/6qrjjz

Marie

I just read a piece about the auto makers. The point was there have been hundreds of billions for paper pushers but they balk at the auto companies who actually make something.
They are asking well less than half they gave to AIG (the first time).

This whole thing is nuts but to cut off a manufacturer while supporting all the paper shufflers....

Rob
becida AT comcast.net