homestead - Re: [Homestead] Solar Shower

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Solar Shower
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 13:53:20 -0800 (PST)

That is a cool looking design. That looks like about $60 - $80 worth of
black hose. Solar hot water systems are very expensive. this would be an
inexpensive alternativwe. You are right though, scalding when sun is bright.

My regular kitchen sink water, turned on cold, will be scalding at first,
just from the heat on the shallower feed pipes. The water from the regular
green water hose is scalding. There must be a way, to have a secondary small
run-through to better use the hot water by mixing it with cooler water. I
don't have the imagination of an engineer..........bobford