homestead - Re: [Homestead] Tilled and fertilized for greens

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Tilled and fertilized for greens
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 14:58:51 -0700

On Nov 15, 2008, at 2:50 PM, bob ford wrote:

It is cooler at night and early in am. She has already left for the nursery , so I'll be planting soon. Probably tomorrow. Maybe it will be cool enough. My tomatoes look great -- big and healthy. 'But, very few green tomatoes.

Tomatoes set fruit best with night temps of about sixty to seventy. These nights right now in the low fifties don't do the job.

If you have a camera lens brush you can try hand pollinating; use the bulb to suck pollen in and blow it out from blossom to blossom.