homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev, how was hunting?

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev, how was hunting?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 17:57:43 -0800 (PST)

Do you know where they lay, where they run, or rut? At what time do they
sneak into people area to eat at gardens or fruit trees? Is there a plot or
a salt cube placed for them?

I haven't hunted in years , but it seems that for stalk hunting , all of
those things were considered. I liked hunting in the river swamps, but you
need dogs for that. And, you use a shotgun , not a rifle. It was always fun
to listen to the dogs and their caller running the bucks in from deep in the
swamp, even if I didn't get a shot. Good luck next time .....bobford