homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bev, how was hunting?

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bev, how was hunting?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 20:51:38 -0500

Nothing. The horse was no problem tonight, but nearest neighbor was
running his tractor and I couldn't hear well. The woods are wet, and it
was foggy and humid. In that environment, sound carries, so probably
the tractor kept them away. I really need to be up on the mountain..next
time, I'll head up the hill and try to catch them as they come up out of
the ravine. <sigh>
My only consolation for the time was that I really enjoyed watching the
bats hunt for their food. Amazing critters, bats.

bob ford wrote:

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda