homestead - [Homestead] A negative view of the bailout

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: Homestead <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] A negative view of the bailout
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 16:18:30 -0700

I have not read this guy Farrell before. The owner of the company Chris works for sent this article to everyone in the company and she sent it to me. Where it fits on the truth scale is up to each of us to decide.

PAUL B. FARRELL
Warning: King Henry's bailout like Rummy's Iraq
Reaganomics hidden in 'sleeper cell' armed with lethal 'financial WMDs'

By Paul B. Farrell, MarketWatch
Last update: 6:47 p.m. EST Nov. 10, 2008Comments: 459
ARROYO GRANDE, Calif. (MarketWatch) -- So you thought Barack Obama's victory signaled the death of Reaganomics? Wrong, wrong: Reaganomics is very much alive.
In a subtle, bloodless coup, the Reaganomics ideology magically pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat in the meltdown. The magic happened fast and quietly, in the shadows, while you were in a trance, distracted by the election drama.
Recently Naomi Klein, author of "The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism," framed the issue perfectly: "Has the Treasury partially nationalized the private banks, as we have been told? Or is it the other way around?" The question was rhetorical, the answer painfully clear. In a few weeks Wall Street did the old bait and switch, emerging from an economic and market disaster with new powers, in total control of America.
And thanks to Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson's brilliant bailout coup, Reaganomics is now the new "sleeper cell" quietly hidden inside the Obama White House and America's Treasury, where it will be for a long time to come, armed with what Warren Buffett calls financial weapons of mass destruction, guaranteed to sabotage the new president, taxpayers and the future of America.
Listen closely folks: You and your government are and will continue being conned out of trillions. Better that we should have taken care of ourselves first and cleaned house, not bailed out Wall Street financiers -- let them pay for their sins and feel the pain.
Unfortunately, while you were distracted by the election, Wall Street gained control of our Treasury using a Trojan Horse, Hank Paulson, who filled Treasury with Goldman Sachs alums and pulled off one of the greatest inside heists in the history of the world.
While you were distracted, Wall Street privatized the U.S. Treasury, got the keys to Fort Knox and will be stealing trillions for years to come, through a secret "sleeper cell," a "virus" installed in the $700 billion Wall Street bailout. They're laughing: All you got was a heavily discounted paper IOU for you, your kids and generations to pay off. The winners: Paulson, Goldman, Wall Street banks and Reaganomics. The losers: America.
The rest of the article is at:
http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/reagonomics-hides-sleeper-cells-harboring/story.aspx?guid=%7BA1408383%2D3517%2D40A0%2D8363%2DDBD03829CEA1%7D&dist=msr_2