homestead - Re: [Homestead] A negative view of the bailout

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A negative view of the bailout
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 19:44:50 -0500

Well, I don't doubt the accuracy of this article except for the
following line....One is a person, one is a company, one is an industry,
and the other is an idea. If you hold *people* accountable, then it
all goes to Paulson, and that, IMO, is too narrow of blame for the mess
we are in. This is a problem that has been building for decades and
whose roots can be found as far back as the Depression Era.
I just think we need to stop blaming and start pulling ourselves up by
our bootstraps. We don't need to bailout any more companies or
industries...we need to let the chips fall where they may, and let the
CEO's either reinvent themselves or fail.

Bev

Gene GeRue wrote:
The winners: Paulson, Goldman, Wall Street banks and Reaganomics.
The losers: America.

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda