homestead - Re: [Homestead] 'Democratic discuss confiscating 401(k)s,

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] 'Democratic discuss confiscating 401(k)s,
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 05:13:31 -0800 (PST)

I don't see it happening , either. But I certainly don't see how the
prospect of moving an acct. that has lost 30% , invested in the markets, to a
government acct (SS) which has 'zero" real money, only the promise to others
of repayment of debt, based on the good faith of the word of our gov't (plus
our weapons, of course), is so much different.

You said that "you" were smart enough to save your 401k -- Give 'yourself'
that credit. And give gov't the doubt they deserve in all matters fiscal
(and in my opinion, many others). .......bobford

I personally can't see the move happening,