homestead - Re: [Homestead] 'Democratic discuss confiscating 401(k)s,

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] 'Democratic discuss confiscating 401(k)s,
  • Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 11:16:55 -0800

Well, and being stubborn <g> If I don't find it going straight forward,
then I go at from the side, so to speak. If a site mentions x, y or z when
I am looking for a and the same x, y or z pops up 2 or more times in
relation to a, then I look into x, y and z and about 75% of the time there
is more info about a or what a was involved with.

Now, if I am really interested, then I use the good FOIA and write off and
ask for things. and then there are tax records. Gotta love tax records.
You'd be amazed how much info there is in tax records for all these
companies. It's a little tougher on the ones that aren't public but there
aren't too many of them and they usually have their fingers in a pie
somewhere that is either public or non-prof.

Also, I have an extensive card file. I do miss PCF on the old DOS machines! If I learned nothing else from my two mentors (lawyer and grant writer), it was to use good old files with cross references. If the net doesn't have something, I can always hit the old card files and that gives me another thread to pull.

So you don't have some secret search engine or anything, you are
Googling, using Wayback, etc...your advance is your passwords to closed
sites.