homestead - [Homestead] Bev, you make cider vinegar?

  • From: Rebecca Lewinski <rebas_own AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Homestead] Bev, you make cider vinegar?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 11:57:51 -0800

Forgot to ask this in my last post! Bev, you mentioned subbing the
crabapples for regular apples in making cider vinegar. Have you tried making
vinegar? I think we did it by accident with the first batch of hard pear
cider the spouse made (UNDRINKABLE!) but he dumped it before I could put it
to use around the house.

ANYWAY, if you or others on the list have vinegar making skills and advice to
share, I'd love to hear about it. My goal next year is to find ways to use
everything we get from the garden (in things other than compost!).

And.... I see I have to run outside and tie down some cheapo plastic
greenhouse material we put over our tomatoes. The wind is really picking up
ahead of the newest rain squall... (I STILL have tomatoes on the vine, in
spite of some hard frosts! I've been covering them up at night. Hoping I
can keep them going through Thanksgiving).

-Rebecca in the great Northwest
Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119462413/direct/01/