homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sarah's Choice

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sarah's Choice
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 11:36:39 EST

> >You don't know jack about my lifestyle, bub.

I know jack about everybody's lifestyle in the US unless you are living under
a bridge. And even then you'd have more than most people in the world.

We have not produced anything in this country for decades and yet have
consumed a very disproportionate share of its resources because we forced the
world
to deal in oil using only our currency.

Every left-leaning, starry-eyed, Obama supporter thinks it's a matter of just
shelling out another, what?, 7% in taxes, 12% perhaps. That has nothing to
do with it. To fail to support our (increasingly slippery) grip on the the
world oil transactions means that the US has no means of demanding the oil,
food,
labor, mineral resources, etc. that pour into our country in an endless
stream and maintains the lifestyle of everyone in the country.

I have successfully moved away from consumerism as far as any American I
know, and yet the effects of the loss of a our basis for world bartering (our
cut
of every oil transaction) will reduce our prospects by half.

That's fine. Bring it on. The world needs it and the human race needs it.

But don't attempt to intimate that I know nothing of your lifestyle. You
have the electricity on and you put motor fuel in your tank. Just that tells
me
all I need to know. You have clothes on your back and shoes on your feet
that
were not made in this country, you use tools that were not forged here.
Every repair you do on your place is with fasteners that were made abroad (I
know
this because there are no Nail and almost no screw operations left in the us,
and none of those are sold at Lowes) My list could go on and on.

Your very lifestyle is firmly based on forcing the world to continue trading
oil in dollars. Every time you put diesel in the truck, nail a wire on a
fence post, buy a pair of boots, cover the cold frames with plastic, you have
YOUR
finger on the bomb release.