homestead - Re: [Homestead] Sarah's Choice

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Sarah's Choice
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2008 09:57:04 EST

> > I want to stop killing
> people so oil companies can line their pockets.... I want them to stop
> torturing people. I
> want kids to stop being bombed.

"Oil Company Pockets" is a bogus boogie man. The real source of the war is
consumerism. If the US had not invaded Iraq to stop the oil non-dollar oil
bourse, our economy would have collapsed years ago. Every person who is a
non-producer, the executives, those on pensions, those on SS, those living by
stock
[former] stock profits, those on disability, those who work "jobs" of
coordinating this and facilitating that, but who produce nothing ... all
those people
have been supported by the rest of the world paying us a petro-dollar
dividend. Hussein was about to end that with a major non-dollar oil bourse.
The war
had way more to do with keeping you in a diesel truck than it had to do with
oil company profits.

> I want them to pay attention to the environment.... . I want solar and
wind power explored. ...I'm willing to pay my fair share for that.

Are you? It isn't about taxes. Go to your breaker box and pull the main
breaker. Then go get a couple of heavy duty truck batteries and run your
house
today on only the electricity from those. THAT's what you pay for solar and
wind. It means you get less electricity, far, far, less.

> I want every > single person in this country to know if they get sick,
> they can get
> cared for. I'm willing to pay my fair share for that.

There's a price to pay for that too. Every person who is simply obese or who
wrecked their health through bad habits or a sedentary live could not get the
same level of medical care as those who are actually sick. THat universal
coverage could not cover imagined illnesses such as ADHD, restless leg
syndrome,
and all those people who just want sympathy and attention by self-diagnosing
all manner of illnesses.

> >Tax me, but live up to the bargain, and do the right thing. Stop
> spending America's blood and tears for private profiteering.

We are spending America's blood and tears to preserve your lifestyle, not for
profiteering. It isn't about taxes, it is about consumerism.