homestead - Re: [Homestead] Roadside managemnt was: Beetle Invasion in N.E.

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Roadside managemnt was: Beetle Invasion in N.E.
  • Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 11:41:53 -0800 (PST)

I read your entire reply.. from what I can tell it is one of those gov't
areas with different people, doing different things all from the point of
view of what they have been taught and what they are allowed to spend.

What Texas might need is somone with the skills to co-ordinate all of this
into a functional version of what you seek.

Texas has money, but gov't is slow to change. Texas is biiger than most
countries and has a bigger budget. Maybe there should be 'regional' DOTs,
headed by knowledgeable botanists with long term vision, and budget
practicality.

If I knew everything you know about plants/trees/grasses and their parasites
and pestililents, I'd never sleep once I moved to the country :-)
....bobford