homestead - Re: [Homestead] Congratulations

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: bobford79 AT yahoo.com, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Congratulations
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 22:35:03 -0500

I was last on Beale in 1989, I think. I enjoyed Beale St much more than Bourbon St a few years prior.
I think that no matter what the character of a city is, or what it's reputation is, it is always good to have a local as a guide.

Bev

bob ford wrote:
Revitalization removes the 'soul' of a place. I've heard Beale
Street is a tourist trap now. I remember it when you d*mn sure knew
to be with someone who knew exactly what kind of place they were
walking into. I haven't been to Underground Atlanta since late
seventies , probably ...bobf

hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda