homestead - Re: [Homestead] Interior window plastic

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Interior window plastic
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 12:11:12 -0500

Ooh, ooh, pick me!? I know! My Dad did this.?? There should also be some
double side tape.?? If not, go get some.?? You attach the cardboard strips to
the window frame (my did did it on the outside, although he didn't use
cardboard, but thin wood strips)), and then use the double sided tape to
attach the plastic to the strips, sealing the window (plastic should be
fairly taught).?? Then you use a hairdryer to shrink the plastic snug.? Come
spring, you tear the plastic off, and remove the cardboard.

Later, he would actually use the strips, and tack the plastic directly to the
frame.? No tape that way.

I am planning on doing this next week.

Ray