homestead - Re: [Homestead] Interior window plastic

  • From: EarthNSky <erthnsky AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Interior window plastic
  • Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2008 08:53:02 -0500

Ah!!! I knew someone here would know!! Thank you Keith!
It never fails to amaze me that people on this list are so freaking smart!
Now that I know, it seems like such a simple thing, but I am looking at those strips and thinking...How the...

Thanks again, Keith.

keith bellinger wrote:
Dad and Mom used them every year, Bev. They used the cardboard strips as batts, either stapled or tacked over the edges of the plastic. There were lots of holes in our interior window trim. Dad wasn't very handy, nor concerned about decor.

I spent a couple hours winterizing our son's camp yesterday. I had ripped pine batts for this purpose several years ago that are screwed to the exterior trim. The plastic was all but disintegrated. When we lived in that camp I would have removed it in the spring. Scott, like my father, is not very handy.

--
“Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” Yoda