homestead - Re: [Homestead] Bull riders and Wranglers question

  • From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT gmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Bull riders and Wranglers question
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:19:49 -0500

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Jerry W. Shepperd
<shepperd AT mail2.pvco.net> wrote:

>Don't know if khaki was the pants of preference, or if
> they had gotten into the habit of wearing left-over WWI pants, as
> Levis didn't start making pants until the 1920s. Some of the old
> pictures show cowboys wearing what look to be duckin pants. I'm
> guessing they wore what was available and what they could afford.
Levi 501s say "America's original jeans -- since 1873." I used to wear
501 when I was young and had a body of a different shape from what I
have at present, but now I much prefer Wranglers (the ladies version
with the elastic piece on each side). In the winter I often wear
sweats because they are most comfortable under the Carhart bibs.

Marie