homestead - Re: [Homestead] Am I being detained? This is great

  • From: Rob <becida AT comcast.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Am I being detained? This is great
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 19:26:56 -0700

At 10/28/2008 06:04 AM,Gene GeRue wrote:

On Oct 27, 2008, at 6:56 PM, Rob wrote:

> It looks like it's another one of those problems where we are trying
> to regulate human behavior, without any luck, but we keep on trying.
> Someone has to be making a lot of money from it.
>
> What's needed is to licence and regulate the 'guest workers', make it
> safe for the workers, tax it and have some sort of control. That will
> happen right after they regulate and tax recreational drugs....

Which will happen some time before we legalize, regulate and tax
prostitution.

There is hope. We once had prohibition.

Prostitution is legal, regulated and taxed in parts of Nevada, there is no federal law against it. Prohibition? Still there, they just changed what is prohibited.
The DEA has 10,759 people with a budget of $2.3B http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/agency/staffing.htm and it's sole purpose is to enforce the prohibition.

If 'we' were serious about keeping people out the technology is there. The Soviets & East Germans did a hell of a job with a 'keep'em out' fence, I'm sure the military still has vast archives on it.
Don't laugh, aren't 'we' still keeping secret prisoners?

Rob
becida AT comcast.net