homestead - [Homestead] homesteading with more socialized spouses....was something else

  • From: "roxann" <roxann AT ancientearthwisdom.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] homesteading with more socialized spouses....was something else
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2008 13:21:26 +0000

Bob,

Oh, I forgot to mention that my husband is miserable out here and longs to be
back where he has more socializing with friends. Not necessarily culture of
any sort (unless you count drinking beer and watching LSU games with a room
full of friends as culture, lol). He's building the house, but I don't expect
he will stay full-time once that is done. He'll probably live half the time
down in LA with his daughter and look for a contract job out there that will
allow him to be there for weeks at a time and then spend a couple weeks here
and just go back and forth that way. It's okay with me - I'm not leaving
here. As you mentioned bonding with the land...these hills have gotten a
tight hold on me now and they won't let me loose and I don't want them to.
But I understand his need to do the game-day things and he seems to
understand my need to be here watching sunrises and sunsets in the mountains.

Roxann, NW AR
http://blog.ancientearthwisdom.com (Ozark Musings from the homestead)