homestead - Re: [Homestead] Zephod Obamabrox for President!

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Zephod Obamabrox for President!
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 10:24:04 -0800

Shiny Thing, Shiny Thing
Dance and Fiddle
Just say what I want to hear.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <Clansgian AT wmconnect.com>

Essentially this is true, Bob, but the 'here's where we were when I took
office and here's where we are now' is weak in people's minds compared to "For the
last four years while YOU have been president, I have suffered." As we wend
our way to the prophetic year 2012, there are going to be some hard knocks for
a lot of folks. If after four years people have gone through economic hell,
they are not going to fine analyze who was the cause of it, only who was
president and didn't (couldn't) fix it.

This is unfortunate for Obama since 95% of what is going on is not anything
the Prez is going to be able to do anything about. It's just got to run its
course.

Recall the late (and great) Douglas Adams' charater Zephod Beeblebrox who was
elected President of the Galaxy because his behavior was so outrageous that
it would distract from what was really going on and who was really running the
galaxy. Bush was moderately successful at this, but times are harder now and
if we can get enough people to chant glassy-eyed "Change the changes we are
changing about the way we are changing" then perhaps they will not be as prone
to look the financial tsunami headed their way straight in the eye.

Obamabrox will soon use the White House pulpit to give us his own version of,
"Freeow! Belgium, man, I mean, I'm one really cool frood!"