homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homesteading getting around?

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homesteading getting around?
  • Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 18:31:01 -0400

The article says "high acreage" over and over. Does that refer to it's
altitude (like 'high plains' or something?) or lots of land? I can't
imagine that 40 acres would be a big ranch out there. My 42 acres is
considered a tiny farm (or not even a real farm, depending on who you
are talking to). But maybe 40 acres sounds big to city slickers.

Lynn Wigglesworth
Tioga County, PA