homestead - Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin

  • From: Lynn Wigglesworth <lynnw1366 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] was Powell endorsement--Palin
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:20:40 -0400

bob ford wrote:

> And, the fact that she is basically from a blue-collar background,
> doesn't show that she isn't intelligent. It just shows that she was born
> of modeat means and worked hard to make somwething of herself. I think she
> is to be admired. Bill Clinton said that she should not be "underestimated"

I haven't seen any evidence of how she paid for college. She didn't seem
very serious about college; 5 colleges in 6 years? In my world,
serious-minded people with few resources go to a community college or a
state university where they get a tuition break for being a state
resident, buckle down, and graduate in 4 years. People who transfer a
lot and take 6 years to get a degree (I've seen a lot of them) usually
have parents footing the bill. But I don't know; maybe she was working
her fingers to the bone to earn money for the next school. Like Obama,
she's not forthcoming with her source of school funds.

Lynn Wigglesworth