homestead - Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll

  • From: rayzentz AT aim.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Scary as h*ll
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 13:31:49 -0400

All logical arguments, Gene, but leaving out a major crucial fact. The tax burden gets passed on.

For example, I currently rent.

Tax rates have gone up on local properties. You would think, then, that the evil landlords are being punished for their obscene profit-taking. But no, instead, rates on rentals have gone up. So who is paying the increased taxes? in reality, not in Obamaworld. The poor renters. Or the poor suckers. it's all merely semantics, after all.

And if the day evercomes that my teacher salary become 1 million a year, well them, Joe will be making 6-7 million, and we will be wiping our collective butts with money, instead of charmin, and I won't even be able to GET the Ramen Noodle, much less eat them.

I like your Obamaworld, Gene, but that's all it is... a fantasy

Joe the plumber will pass on his increased tax burden to his customers, which will raise the prices his customers pay, which means he will NOT get more business, and he will have to fire his newly hired employees, which means unemployment still goes up.

See?

Ray

PS I do agree with you on one thing, though. Most Republicans are no longer conservatives..., at least not the republican politicians.