homestead - Re: [Homestead] Poison plates?

  • From: Clansgian AT wmconnect.com
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Poison plates?
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 22:03:37 EDT

> >I just googled melmac and melamine and can't believe they
> are *still* making dishes sold everywhere out of it. So,
> people are eating off the very stuff that is getting into
> foods considered poison?

No. Chlorine gas is deadly poisonous. It is half the compond of salt
(sodium chloride). To say that melamine resin is made out of something
poisonous is
like saying salt is made out of something poisonous.

Melamine resin dishes are perfectly safe. Unless, of course, you eat the
dish but then you're dealing with bigger problems than being
poisoned.<BR><BR><BR>
**************<BR>New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your
destination. Dining,
Movies, Events, News &amp; more. Try it out
(http://local.mapquest.com/?ncid=emlcntnew00000002)</HTML>