homestead - Re: [Homestead] Food dehydrators and Spices

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Food dehydrators and Spices
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 21:38:38 -0800

Excaliber is the standard for most folks who are "serious" about their dehydrating. I, personally, would kill to find another old dehydrator like I have that I bought back in the 70s. The Excaliber is noisy, or so I'm told. My little alien looking counter top convection oven/dehydrator is relatively quiet.

I also have one of those round stacked things. They're o.k. but they take lots more time and you have to switch the trays continually to get an even job done.

As to spices, there is an outfit out of San Francisco that is supposed to be excellent. I'll have to look up their name. I get all mine at the Co-op that I don't grow myself, so haven't had occasion to order any online.

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: <paxamicus AT earthlink.net>