homestead - [Homestead] Food dehydrators and Spices

  • From: paxamicus AT earthlink.net
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Food dehydrators and Spices
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 00:07:16 -0400

I fixed my e mail.

I used to use my convection oven to dry stuff, now I have this tin can bare bones stove that..well, let's just say it's horrible. Anybody want to recommend a food dehydrator? Roy is making me kind of nuts about the apples all over the ground out there. What we really need is a cider press, I think.

Also, I have used Penzey's Spices in the past, and thought they were ok for some things, but not so much impressed that I now want to pay for shipping. Anyone have an on-line spice place they like? Spices are something for I don't feel bad about going outside my "locavorism" creed. Fair trade/organic a bonus.

Cheers,

Celia