homestead - Re: [Homestead] A Canadian perspective on our prez

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] A Canadian perspective on our prez
  • Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2008 05:36:44 -0500

On Oct 7, 2008, at 10:52 PM, Mogrits wrote:

Gene, I was responding to your original post, where you reposted the
opinion of a Canadian. Upon re-reading it I see your stepson is the
Canadian. I'm not sure how that happens unless you are/were married to
a Canadian, but as Palin would say, anywho...

My wife, Chris, was married to a Canadian man, Jim, she met in Nevada. They had Craig, my stepson. Jim died way too young. Craig is as a son to me and he relates to me as a father. He is the father of my three grandsons. He lives in Toronto.

""I was watching CNN today and I tuned into (rather endured) a press
conference that W held today in Galveston. I couldn't believe how
many "ummmms" were littered throughout his awkward discussion with the
press. It was painful to watch him writhe under the pressure of
having to think on his feet and attempt to muster an intelligent
statement at the same time. He looked more like a guy that was the
last pick for a junior high debate club than someone in the most
powerful position on the planet. 'nuff on him. Who's your pick for
the next term?"

That's what I was responding to- the implication that W is an idiot.
Idiots don't fly fighter jets. They are incapable of such.

You did a James; you injected your new word, idiot. What you were responding to did not include that word or that insinuation.

George W. Bush is not mentally handicapped; he is verbally handicapped. Leaders who are verbally handicapped are a negative reflection on the people they represent. Craig's post was a reflection of that.

Sorry for causing confusion by responding to the "OP"

No need to apologize. But thank you for doing so. We could all profit by becoming a bit more acquainted with old-fashioned good manners. My 94-year-old mother is beside herself with how rudely Americans are talking to each other these days. Congress has become more and more ill-mannered and we, the people, are following their example and the example of campaign managers who focus only on winning as they and their candidates seek power at any cost. Civility is waning and we are in danger of dividing ourselves, something no foreign enemy has been able to do so far.