homestead - [Homestead] Okra getting big & other vegs.

  • From: bob ford <bobford79 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Okra getting big & other vegs.
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2008 17:34:57 -0700 (PDT)

Yesterday, I did not even notice small fruit on my okra plants. Today, all
of the plants have okra, two have individual okra over 5" long. I was either
blind yesterday, or they really grew fast. I wish I planted more than (4)
plants. I don't know if I'll remember how to tell when its ready to pick.

I picked a few tomatoes, including some very oddshaped red ones (look like a
thick jalapeno pepperr), and some nice yellow ones. Most of the tomato
plants haven't yet put on fruit. The bell peppers are loaded but very small
and knarly looking. The squash still just has big pretty flowers.....bobford